Hello! I’ve been moving house, and WOW has it been tedious. It did speed up when I just started throwing all our stuff away. Forget KonMari’s “Does it spark joy?” edict; my future bestselling tidying handbook will make you ask, “Can I be arsed to make a decision about this object ever again?” The upshot is, if you peruse the charity shops of Crystal Palace, you can recreate 50% of my old home.
But apparently, among all the packing tape and dirt and existential malaise, I did some work! There are a bunch of Allusionist episodes, including one with some Olympics-related etymologies, and a discussion of brand names and how we came up with ‘Allusionist’ for the show, and another about generational terms such as Millennial and Generation X. And a contemplation of small talk, which came out the day after the EU Referendum which, amongst its many other effects, obliterated small talk.
On 24th September at 4.30pm, the first live Allusionist will take place as part of the London Podcast Festival. A handful of tickets remain, get one HERE.
There’s a bit of a backlog of my appearances on other podcasts, too. Eg:
- Talking about a night bus journey gone bad on Nocturne: ‘A Luminous Bubble‘.
- Talking about jingles on Between the Liner Notes: ‘Jingle Brains‘.
- Talking about a couple of my favourite books on Charles Adrian’s Page One, episode 109.
TalkingDrinking about it on Let’s Drink About It: ‘The Promise of a Premise‘.
- Making a brief cameo on The Beef and Dairy Network: ‘Rio Special‘.
- Discussing burnout on Millennial: ‘Systems Check‘.